I have been away for four weeks, offline for five. I was invited to a wedding that took place in Ireland early January and after some procrastination, deciding whether I should give up four weeks of an Australian summer to go to the northern hemisphere in the middle of winter, I accepted the invitation and went. My third son came with me, and we met up with my daughter in London a week before Christmas.
I had a fantastic time and added some things to my ‘Live Life List’.
What is this list? My children claimed a ‘bucket list’ was too gloomy and ‘life’s goals’ too philosophical for me while on a holiday. So as we did things I just kept saying that I was ‘living my life’ and so after a while this all became my ‘Live Life List’. The list means to me ‘I enjoyed that’, ‘I had a great time there’, ‘I experienced that’, ‘I saw that’. The list had no planning involved. I made it all up as I went along and altered it however I wanted to.
Here are some of the things added to my list:
- I saw world’s tallest building – in Dubai
- I went on a desert safari – well not really, but I did have a 4WD trip into the desert
- I lived in London for a week – it felt like the centre of the world
- Saw a West-end musical – The Lion King. My daughter’s choice for a London experience.
- Joined in Christmas Carols at the Royal Albert Hall. My choice
- Watched an EPL football match. My son’s choice.
- Shared with my two youngest children a fantastic Christmas in Hertfordshire. New memories.
- Found the house where my maternal grandfather was raised in Norwich. Tracing my roots
- Went to a street party in Edinburgh to see in New Year 2013. Re-living the spirit of my youth
- Joined in the cheering on of an Irish band in an Irish pub. Just living for the moment.
- Lived the life of gentry for two days in Southern Ireland (for the wedding). Wow!
- Stayed at small villages in both Wales and the Cotswald. The heart of Britain.
- Learned how to download photos from camera to iPad to WordPress. Not all that easy!
I really enjoyed myself and had a great break from all the pressures that have been thrust upon me.
I returned yesterday to much warmer weather and longer days back home in Tasmania, Australia.
Best wishes to all my readers for 2013!
Tower Bridge, London
Royal Albert Hall
English Premier League
Village in Scotland
Village in Wales
Kew Gardens, London